Sunday, August 26, 2018

The Misc Questions Meme


It's my last day of holiday and I wish I was doing something more exciting than the housework, preparing lunch for the week and putting the last touches on the birthday party Alice and I are holding next weekend.

Questions are from Bev at Sunday Stealing.

1. How has your life most benefited from the Internet? Whether it’s meeting people, cutting business overhead, finding rare collectibles, or simply sharing funny cat pictures, share how the web has made life easier.

I can stay in touch with friends who live overseas far more easily. I love that I can call up friends and talk to them face to face. Case in point, this morning, while at the gym, I was chatting away to Reindert in Colorado. I love this - we didn't have this a few years ago. I also like that I have an encyclopaedia at my fingertips too.

2. The getaway car is waiting outside – where is it taking you?

Back to Ubud, please. I could live there. Love Ubud, Indonesia. I feel very much at home over there.

3. Do you reply to comments on your blog? All of them? Or just the really interesting ones?  Do you go back to check if the authors or the blogs you comment on reply to your comments?

Only sometimes. I don't get that many comments. I do check the blogs of those who comment on my blog - it's just manners.

4. On average, how long does it take you to make an important decision?

Not very long. I'm pretty decisive - it's the Leo in me. And I don't worry of I've made the wrong decision either. I tend to get on with things.

5. Do you gather a lot of information prior to making the decision, or do you go with your gut in the heat of the moment? 

I tend to go with my gut, but I do research as well. The gut tends to rule though.

6. What’s the most important thing you’ve learned recently?

50 is just a number. Oh, and I can travel with people. I never knew that about myself.

7. What’s your hidden talent? Are you double-jointed? Can you sneeze the alphabet? Share your unique skill.

As I found out on holiday, I can still sing Khe Sahn, verbatim, 30 years after learning it at Uni. This is a very bogan thing to do - and is as Australian as thongs, a barbeque, a tinnie and an Australian Flag tattoo. My other party trick is reciting Jabberwocky - again, off the cuff, again, normally when I have a few drinks under my belt.




8. Rate the level of intensity you have about wanting to know God – no desire, low priority, curious, great desire, high priority, desperate to learn more. Explain your answer.

Curious - but as I am not religious (and definitely not a Christian) I am always learning more about God through my spirituality - and I love this. I let it come as it comes.

9. What’s one of your nicknames?  How did you get that nickname?

Panda. This was first coined in London in a share house by a Kiwi Housemate. I lived with a group of Kiwis - and one other girl named Pandora. She was sweetly pretty, close to her father, private school educated and everything that makes a good Pandora. So I was Panda - and it stuck. Many of my friends call me Panda some 25 year later. I introduce myself as Panda after people get to know me. I'm never a Pandy or a Dora.

10. What do you have to have with you when you travel? Why?

There are a few things. Tarot cards being one of them - good for reflection (and they can double as a deck of card if need be). When travelling to Europe, I always take a universal sink plug - as hotel rooms never seem to have them.

11. What do you think about reading books on an electronic reading device? Do you have an electronic reading device? Do you love it? Why? If you don’t love it, why not?

I love my kindle, but I prefer the feel of paper. I am running out of space for books in my flat - the bookshelves are doubled up.

12. Do you prefer writing on paper or a keyboard? Why?

I prefer to type - I have the handwriting of a mass murdering doctor.

13. If the shoes make the man (or woman), what do your shoes say about you right now? (Assuming you’re wearing shoes. Although if you’re not, that certainly says something, too.)

I'm broke (as I am currently barefoot). That or I'm a hippy. Oh yes, I am a hippy. I like being barefoot around the house.

14. Describe your favorite pair of shoes.

I really love my Harley Davidson biker boots - $25 on Ebay - best buy ever. I'm also fond of my runners - which are transport. I go through 3-4 pairs of runners a year - and I always have the same ASICS Kayanos. They suit me well.

15. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one ability or quality, what would it be?

I wish I had the fortitude to sit down and write a novel that would sell across the world.

BONUS:  When they "cool sculpt" your body, where does the fat go? 

Who knows - it probably shrinks only to come back with the next cup of coffee.

Today's Song:


2 comments:

Lori said...

I prefer to hold a book in my hand too and be able to turn the pages. Just something about it. Your comment about your handwriting made me laugh. So funny. Have a great day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

JLS Hall said...

#12 - Loved your answer! I have that same problem with handwriting -- mine is getting really impossible to read.