Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Dinner Time

It's nearly ten'o'clock.

So far tonight:

  • I've had school
  • I finished the last of my kombucha - more is being made on Friday.
  • I got off of school and my parent's neighbour called for a chat
  • I've talked to the cat, seeing he was ignored while I was at school.
  • My chapter got workshopped at school (Which is held online, after a day of sitting and the computer - but it is still awesome) 
  • I've sent on my review comments to my fellow classmate who also got reviewed.
  • I realise the furthest I've been out of the flat today is to the letterbox out the front.
And I find myself hungry.

So here is the conundrum: It's after 8.30. I'm wiped. I need to be up at 6.30 a.m as I'm meeting a mate at the Botanical Gardens running/walking track at 7 am so we can both get some exercise in. 

And being 8.30 pm the choices are getting limited in this locked down world.

So, what is a girl to do?

The way I see it, I have the following options: 
  • Maccas run (Don't really want to do this)
  • Beans on toast (Ho hum)
  • Salad and tuna (Probably the healthiest option, but nah - I had salad for lunch)
  • Go hungry
  • Eggs and something. 
I'm not killer hungry, but a bit gnarly. I want to have a Negroni as school should be celebrated with a Negroni.

So what does one do?

Well, after much hemming and hawing, I didn't do the cop out Maccas run. Instead, I raided the fridge and did the proper English thing and made myself a bacon and egg sandwich. Streaky bacon, thin omellete, gluten free bread and lashings of tomato sauce.

Strangly, after nearly 12 hours at a computer, it was just what was required.

I'm also fuelled up for tomorrow's lap of the Tan. 

As you can see, my brain is pickled. Time for bed. 



Today's song:


No comments: