Thursday, April 23, 2020

I don't like Thursdays

Thursday appears to be my down day. And this is okay, but I'm going to have to learn to weather them. I'm not sure why Thursdays are so bad, maybe because it's near the weekend, maybe it's becuase you've done three hard days, maybe it's because my hair really needs a wash and it's driving me up the wall. Maybe it's because it's Thursday.

This is the second Thursday on a row where I've had a bit of a cactus day. Then again, today wasn't as bad as last week, when I was in a full blown funk. Today's just been scatty. I haven't been able to settle. It happens. It's okay.

Today has been bitty. Let's break it down:

  • Woken by the cat at 6.30. Not overly early
  • Finished off a few things which needed to be done - but they were small things. 
  • Had lunch over zoom with my engineer friend. We've been meeting for lunch once a month for nearly ten years - some little pandemic isn't going to stop us. That was good.
  • At 6.30, Jay and I did a pump class in our lounge rooms. It was great to be working with weights again.
  • Pump class got stopped in the shoulder track when calls starting coming in from book group about the zoom link I'd sent out.
  • Sorted zoom link for book group.
  • Ordered Uber Eats in as hadn't had time to have dinner.
  • Book group finally got sorted and it was really good. Lovely seeing everybody again. 
  • Had to collect Uber Eats from the front gate - as he couldn't drop it at the door. 
  • Had a good book group. 
  • Turned off the camera to eat dinner (Burrito from Fonda - very happy about this)
  • Finished book group just after ten. 
  • Talked to the cat for a bit
  • And now I'm writing this blog.
Looking at the list, no wonder I'm tired. 

And I need to be up early as I'm of with a fried for a lap round the Tan at 6.10. 

And so it goes...


Today's Song:


No comments: