Friday, May 31, 2024

Admin Night

 I'm doing admin. 

Joy. 

It's not my favourite thing to do, but it I'm powering through it, answering queries about joining Freemasonry, getting some insurance docs up to date.... you name it, I've done it tonight. 

But I've come to the end of it, as always, breaking up the drudgery with the odd chore, some tormenting of the cat and the odd line of knitting. 

And I'm sitting here wondering how it was, years ago, I used to do a tenfold of what I am doing at the moment, and it seemed easy. 

Is this because work is pretty full on at the moment? Or because I'd lost some interest in doing other people's admin. (Big yes)

But I used to be able to sit and do this until the cows come home. Now, I'm really not that interested. 

Yet I've done it, and I feel better for it. 

Okay, I'm meeting a friend for breakfast. Best stop admining before I got even more loopy.

I've had this song in my head all day. Grrr. Maybe I needed the admin to settle it down. 

Today's song: 



No comments: