Thursday, May 23, 2024

Sometimes she dreams of distant places

 A friend of mine is currently swanning around Bali - Ubud, to be precise. She's swimming and writing and eating wonderful Balinese food and looking after herself and I am very, very envious. 

She deserves the break. She's making big adjustments to her life. Two weeks in Bali sounds like a great circuit breaker. 

Ah, Bali - warm, calming, lush Bali - well the bit I go to is anyway. 

Then I think that I'm probably not going to see a holiday for a good few months. Sure, I have a writer's retreat and a weekend in Sydney to see a play to look forward to, but no holiday to go on. 

Currently Jonella is in Morocco and Norty has gone to Japan. Blarney and Barney take off for Tokyo in a few weeks. My current manager is heading over to Tassie for a few days. 

I want something to look forward to. 

Maybe that something might be a housesitting a garret room somewhere in Paris - around the Marais would be good, maybe Montmartre - or Belleville. Go discover more of Paris. There is so much to find in that city. 

Or maybe tackle a bit of the Camino - go for a long walk along the top of Spain - but that would take a bit of training. 

Or even get a holiday house for a few days and go away and write. Somewhere close by which has a wood fire and I could take the cat with me. He likes a holiday. 

Or go for a drive through America and visit Reindert in Colorado. 

Sometimes she dreams of distant places. 

Darwin, unfortunately, is not far enough. 


Today's song:



No comments: