Saturday, May 25, 2024

Sunday Stealing: More SwapBot Questions

 It's Saturday and it's jobs day. I huge ironing pile to get through. Dinner to be made. Floors to be done. You name it. And nowhere to be or go, so I think I'll do my normal do a job, do a question thing and feel like I've achieved something at the end of it.

Questions, as always, come from Bev at Sunday Stealing


1. Have you ever been stung or bitten by an animal?

Both. Thankfully nothing too bad. 

I got a bee sting as a teenager when a swarm flew over our house. A bee flew down my top and stung me on the nipple. I was a 16C one side and a 16DD on the other for a few days. It was horrible. The last bee sting I had made me feel horrible for a few days. I avoid bee stings at all costs. 

My cat. Lucifer, nibbles at me regularly, but they are love bites. I got more of a bite from a dog when I was a teenager, trying to separate my dog from another when they were fighting. It didn't draw blood, but I was badly bruised. Generally, animals like me, so I don't get bitten. 

Job: Write out shopping list for later

2. Do you have a favorite bird? Do you feed the birds at your house or park?

Not really. I'm not fond of birds. They flap and squark and generally make a nuisance of themselves. I don't mind feeding the ducks when I'm around a duck pond. I like watching the swans. I love listening to the bell birds when I walk along the river, but that is about it. 

Job: Ironed the duvet cover. Yes, I iron my quilt covers. 

3. What is the last thing you said to somebody before replying to this email?

I had a chat to my sister on the phone. Had a bit to catch up on. I did this while I was driving back from meditation. 

Job: Did the dishes. 

4. How do you get yourself ready to sleep at night?

I don't go to bed until just after midnight. Normally I have a shower at some stage in the evening, do my face care routine, turn down the lights and relax a bit. At midnight I have a couple of small games I like to do - Framed, the Wordle, Connections and a block puzzle. They normally take me about ten minutes. Then I clean my teeth and go to bed. Lucifer joins me as soon as I've turned off the light. 

Job: Iron the other quilt cover. 

5. When was the last time you wrote a proper letter?

To be honest, I can't remember. It would have been years ago. I did write a stroppy letter email for a friend who needed to get their point across to a company a few weeks back. I am the queen of the assertive letter to corporations. I have great success getting people what they want or need. 

Job: Ironed a dress. 

6. What is the worst injury you have ever sustained?

That's Bruce the bum bruise. I tripped over at a friend's place, and my left butt cheek connected with a star dropper at ground level. Had a lump the size of an orange in my left butt cheek. It took a full 18 months to get my body properly right. In hindsight, I should have gone to the hospital and had the hematoma drained. It wrecked my gluteus maximus for months, plus all the other muscles around it had to compensate causing leg, knee and foot pain. 

Job: Cleaned the toilet. 

7. If you could choose your career based strictly on what you think would be fun instead of your qualifications/salary/etc., what would it be?

Possibly a small animal vet or a travel guide. The former has a lot of drawbacks (nasty animals, even nastier owners and when you have to put the animals down, but I could handle playing with kittens and puppies and day, every day). I would love to be a Parisian travel guide. That would be very excellent. 

Job: Ironed another dress. (Note: The ironing pile is large because I was away last week and it's taken an age to get all the washing dry)

8. You can live on another planet, which one and why?

Possibly Saturn. With those rings and numerous moons, the sunsets would be amazing. 

Job: Ironed a couple of pillowcases - and yes, I am that person. 

9. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

Oh, this is a loaded question. 

  • At Johnn Johnn's in Darwin that would be either rum and raisin, Snickers or Black Sesame. 
  • At Cups and Cones it's their coconut ice cream. 
  • At Messina Gelati, I love the Hot Cross Bun or Smashed Biscotti and Fig Jam (Messina Gelato is the bomb)
  • From the supermarket, it's Maggie Beer's Caramel and Burnt Fig Jam
  • Or a good vanilla ice cream
Don't get me started on ice cream. 

Job: Ironed a pair of jeans - just to get the last of the moisture out of them - no creases., 

10. What do you think of tattoos? Do you have any?

I have one small tattoo on my hip. The Chinese symbol for love. You only get to see it if I show it too you. I love hearing the story about people's tattoos - but for me, if I was to get another, I'd keep it small and discrete. They're fine on other people. 

Job: Iron the last of the pillowcases. 

11. Are you very active or do you prefer to just relax in your free time?

I'm a bit of both. Depends on the day. 

Job: Cleaned the sink in the bathroom. 

12. If you could bring back one TV show that was cancelled, which one would you bring back?

The Hour. It was a BBC production. There were two series. I am desperate to know what happened to Freddie. 


Job: Put away the dishes. 

13. Do you prefer to watch movies in the theater or in the comfort of your own home?

Definitely in a theatre. In fact, once I've finished this blog post and the last of the incidental jobs, I'm off to the cinema to see IF. Something light. Just up my alley. I had an imaginary friend when I was a child. I wonder what happened to Sparky. 

Job: Pack my gym bag for tomorrow morning. 

14. If you opened a restaurant, what kind of food would you serve?

British or Modern Australian comfort food. That's what I'm good at. Or maybe a dessert bar. I love making desserts and puddings too.

Job. Iron the last item in the ironing pile. 

15. If money were no object what would you do for your next birthday?? 

I would take a couple of friends to France. Business class of course. There I'd stay for a few weeks all over the place, eating butter, sniffing around all sorts of places, drinking champagne and having a whale of a time - and giving my French a bit more practice. Nice thought. 

Job. Put the iron and ironing board away. 


Today's song:

4 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

I can't imagine being stung on your nipple. That hurts to just READ it.

Liked your ice cream list. I just named one type, but I'd love to go to various stores and try various kinds

Love your plans for a birthday. I no longer like to fly, but flying business class (or first class) would be great.

Roger Owen Green said...

How did you like IF? I love the concept.
I HATE ironing, mostly because I apparently did it poorly, people told me I did it poorly, and I said, to heck with that. That's why Allah invented permanent press.

Lisa said...

I no longer eat ice cream but I loved reading the names of the different flavors! We don't have many of those flavors in the U.S. Of course, we have vanilla :-)!! I loved the way you did a chore and answered a question. I know this is crazy but I actually like to iron.

Bev Sykes said...

As a pen pal, I am amazed at how few people ever write letters.