Thursday, November 24, 2016

Song a Day November: Blister in the Sun

I love when you have a favourite song and then you find out it's about something else entirely.

Having loved the Violent Femmes since high school and university. I can sing along to both their first album and "The Blind Leading the Naked" without thinking.

So just like when I found out, aged 35, that The Vapours "Turning Japanese" was about masturbation - I was equally as horrified (well maybe not horrified...) to find out that this song was about the same thing.

You think about it... let me go off... like a blister in the sun... let me go off... big hands I know you're the one...

What else is it going to be about?  Like , doh!.



I was also really really pleased to see that Stephen Colbert had Gano et al on his show and he went all fanboy.

I'd go all fangirl too... Gordon Gano is up there with the Pixies when it comes to a God-like status.

When I'm walking, I strut my stuff, then I'm so strung out... bah-bah - bah-bah...

They don't write songs like they used to.

No comments: