Monday, November 28, 2016

Song a Day November: Song Two

I've nearly done it. Yes, there have been days when I've had to double up because it's been busy and getting out the blog post has been a bit difficult - but it's been fun to look at the music in my life and write about it, even if it's only a few lines.

I love Blur - and I love this song. It's another song that reminds me of London and those happier, freer days when we used to go out clubbing. It reminds me of nights out in pubs when the world was just a little more innocent. And it reminds me of jalepeno poppers down at a pub after drama class.

And it's really hard to accept that this came out twenty years ago. Before all men wore product in their hair and shoulder pads had just disappeared and Barings Bank was still around and the world had a little hope left in it.

The great thing about this song. You don't have to know the words. You just have to remember.

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!



No comments: