Thursday, November 17, 2016

Song a Day November: Hello

I have to make a confession. I really, really, really don't like Adele. Seriously. If I don't have to hear another Adele song again I know I won't be missing much. There is lots of other better music out there that will not drive you insane.

It's not so much that she's god-awful - she isn't. I'll admit, she can sing, she has talent and she doesn't write a bad song. It's not like she's Delta Goodrem who's music is so beige it could be played in elevators for the next fifty years and nobody will notice.

Adele, bless her, I sort of feel sorry for her  - I mean she's still bleating on about her ex-boyfriend after all these years. You wonder if she needs counseling.

The other problem I have with Adele is that  she's been overplayed for year. I could happy go without ever hearing "Rolling in the Deep" again for the rest of my life. It's a bit like my aversion to INXS - which was played ad nauseum on a skiing trip when I was sixteen and I've disliked them ever since. It was enough to make your ears bleed.

So why have I chosen an Adele song for today's song of the day? 

I thought it was songs called "Hello". I hated Lionel Ritchie's song too - always thought that was dreadful.

Well, despite hating this song with a passion when Adele sings it, I've found this cover which makes it sort of palatable. It appears it takes 40 Marlboro a day and the odd shot of moonshine to make this work.

 And it's not too bad.

Far better than the caterwauling of that chic from London.

1 comment:

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

Totally agree. Adele is so iverrated - there are many other female singers I know with equal if not better voices.

I might showcase them in a post of my own.

:o)

Cheers

PM