Saturday, January 18, 2020

Sound Healing and the Trouble with Wings

People who know me well are aware of my spiritual bent - the me that reads tarot, does yin yoga, sits in a dream group and all sorts of other 'witchy shit' as some know it. I prefer to think of it as another side of me that needs to be nurtured now and then. I'm a healer. I've been a healer for a long time.

But where does the healer go to get put back on track?

One of my favourite modalities is Sound Healing. I gelled with it the first time I encountered it in Bali ten year ago at the yoga barn. Shervin Boolorian is the Tama-Do sound healer who works out Ubud and he is phenomenal. He's earth bound angel. I've written about him before.

The universe is a strange and wonderful place, and he has brought Shervin back to Melbourne again. Okay, they send him out to Taylors Lakes - a suburb which is outside of my 20 minute radius of knowledge. I had large fights with Shirley my GPS device most of the way there. The stupid thing tried to get me to go half way to Bendigo to get there. I rather like fighting with Shirley the GPS.

Sound healing sessions are amazing. It's incredibly relaxing, as if the sound is massaging you. The different levels of sound gets into different places  - physical, spiritual, emotional and ethereal.

For me, sound healing is an all over therapy - and easily the most effective treatment for general stress and malaise I've encountered.

The other great thing about sound healing is it opens up places that don't normally get accessed.

So I'm lying there, on my yoga mat, head on my pillow, letting the sound wash over me. Didgeridoos, drums, gongs, bells, hungs, flutes... you name it. If it's a natural instrument, it gets used. I resonate with the deeper instruments. There is something most wonderful about having a didgeridoo sounding at close range. It calms the heart and soothes the nerves.

I could wax lyrical about this session, but you get the gist. It's something I wish everybody could experience.

On the deeper level, I got to go in further - seeing things, go on a journey. Visit places outside of this world. My guides came as soon as the gongs sounded. I won't say too much. You'd think I'm a bit nuts - but if you've ever come for a healing session with me, you may feel them in the room.

The last time I had a one on one session with Shervin, the journey brought me in contact with a Blue Ganesha. It was all a bit head spinny, but the Blue Ganesha has remained a constant. Friends have given me Blue Ganeshas over the years. I have a Blue Ganesha key ring which lives in my handbag. It's my talisman.

This time around, something different happened. While I was out for the count during the session, something a bit mad happened.

I sprouted wings.

Told you it was a bit mad.

But somehow, for some reason, in my head, I got my wings. Big, white, feathering wings. I felt them unfurl. I don't know why I got them, but I did.

The problem is, some six hours later, I can still feel the wings. They're still there, surrounding me, waving about my back like they're semaphoring in a ship. I'm not quite sure how to tuck them away. I was reticent to drive home after the session, partly because I didn't want to lose the feeling, and partly because they felt so real. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with them.

It's a strange one.

Maybe I've been watching a bit too much Lucifer of late.



I've no idea why I have wings. I can feel them. I can see them if I use my sensory eyes (Use those for healing work - a friend has said when I use them, it looks like I go away and another takes over my soul for a bit).

Off to bed in a minute. I wonder if they will be there in the morning.


Today's song:



No comments: