Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Old people logic

I'm not in a place to write tonight. All is fine, but I'm processing a few things. An early night in bed with the cat is needed. It's nothing bad, just have to get my head straight., 

But today's rather cool thing today was talking to my Mum. 

It was a normal Mum conversation. I had some things to tell her, which I did. 

Then she tells me about her book group - how nobody had read the book - Stephen Fry's "Moab is my Washpot." I had a think about this. I've had that book sitting on my bookshelf for 25 years. It was given to my by a friend. I've never read it. I'm intrigued now. 

But then she said she'd talked to my Aunt. She appeared to be in good spirits. Sounded better than she did a few weeks ago. 

The only thing she was miffed about was Prince Philip. Not that he had died - she didn't begrudge him that, good innings and all. She was more miffed as the fact they cut the show Vera to make way for the news. 

My mother said she felt exactly the same. 

I told this to my workmate, who had a good 18 years on me. He too was annoyed that Vera was cut short. "It was just getting good and then the news came through. They could have waited until it was over."

I just thought this was cute. 

Now I'm going to go back to processing today. It's all fine. Some things need a day. 

Unlike Vera, who needs to be consumed when she's on the ABC. It seems old people get pissed off when she's interrupted. 

Today's song:



No comments: