Thursday, April 22, 2021

Surgical Notes

Quick one as I'm not really feeling like writing. The anaesthetic's pull is still apparent.  

But surgery went well. I'm home, feeling a bit whooshy, introducing Jonella to the joys of Bridgerton

Short notes from today:

  1. If you don't know your name, date of birth and address when you go into hospital, you will have had it drummed into you by the time you hit surgery. It will also be put on a wrist band and ankle band if you forget. 
  2. The day surgery staff at the Epworth are lovely. 
  3. You can talk to most people about the following: Cats, Bridgerton/Lucifer/whatever else is on Netflix, the general incompetence of the current Federal Government. 
  4. Fentanyl is fun. They only gave me a little bit, but it's fun.
  5. Fentanyl is better than morphine as it means I don't throw up. 
  6. The trams will ALWAYS be out when you need to get somewhere early in the morning. I had to walk to the hospital as Victoria Street was closed due to a fire. Thankfully the hospital is only two kilometres away, it wasn't too early and I'd left plenty of time to get there this morning. The walk did me good. 
  7. White Coat high blood pressure is great when you know you have it. I got my blood pressure down 60 points over three readings taken over ten minutes. I warned them. It's becoming a party trick :)
  8. Sure fire way to make me laugh. Insist I take a pregnancy test. Seriously. 
  9. My friends are brilliant. 
  10. Nothing tastes better than a hospital cup of tea after fasting. 
  11. Nothing feels better than getting some fresh air once you've been sprung from hospital.
  12. After not bleeding for a number of years, it is a very strange feeling. Hmm.
Regardless, I'm home, I'm fine. My friends are doing tag team. I'd kill for a Venetian or Lemon Crisp biscuit, but I'm lying on the couch watching Bridgerton with Jonella at the moment. Dee's coming soon, the Jay will pick me up and take me back to hers for the night. 

I'm just glad it's all over. Things are looking good - just have to wait for the histology to come back, but things are fine. 

Right, back to the couch. 

p.s. Dee brought over Lemon Crisp biscuits. Dee is a legend.

Today's Song:



No comments: