Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Snippets

Small notes from today. 

1) I'm madly googling vanilla mug cake recipes as I want cake, but don't have any at home and I just want a little bit of cake. My need for cake is there because I'm anxious about this anaesthetic I'm having on Thursday morning. it's Okay. I'll be okay. But I want cake. Cake will fix it. 

2) I need to trim the cat's toenails again. His murder mitts are up around psycho killer lever at the moment. He'll try and tell me he needs his toenails to play soccer on the floorboards, using his stuffed mouse at a ball. I will not be moved. 

3) Book group is always good when you have a book that nobody really likes, but we get to talk about it a lot. The book was Emily St John Mantel's The Glass Hotel. None of us liked it that much, but it wasn't hated. I couldn't get in to any of the characters, but some of the writing was good. 

4) As I've just finished listening to Hilary Mantel's Bring Up the Bodies, the second book in the Wolf Hall Trilogy, and I'm not quite ready to go into the last book of the trilogy, all 28 hours of it, I'm now listening to the second book in the Bridgerton series. It's fluffy, it's light and it's fun and it beats hearing about people having their head's chopped off. 

5) Seeing your trainer at 6.30 in the morning makes you very tired by about 3 pm. Yawned throght book group. 

6) The pinky nail on my left hand is finally growing back after two years of fighting fungus. It's been fun. The battle continues. 

7) I still want a bit of cake - so mug cake it is. 

8) I heard the song of the day in the gym at ten to seven this morning.


Today's song:



No comments: