Saturday, September 11, 2021

Nigella's No-Churn Coffee Ice Cream

You get to have some treats when you're in lockdown. This weekend, my treat is Nigella Lawson's no-churn coffee ice cream

I don't make it often. It's too evil and lethal. 

And so easy.

All it takes is a 300 ml pot of double cream, 2/3rds of a tin of condensed milk, two tablespoons of coffee powder (unfortunately I'm using Moccona - better than International Roast) and two tablespoons of coffee liqeur, of which I am using Mr Blacks ambrosial stuff which makes everything in he world wonderful. 

You beat it like a red headed stepchild until it forms soft peaks. You shove it in a container, then freeze it for a couple of hours. 

Utter, utter bliss. 

And there's a third of a can of sweetened condensed milk in the fridge to enjoy in what ever way in the next few days. 

Regardless, I'm quite content now. New Lucifer episodes, coffee ice cream, washing drying on the line. The Master's Apprentices for song of the day.  What more do you need? 


Today's song: 

1 comment:

Me, Myself, and I said...

Holy Jesus, I can't wait to try this. Thank you!!