Thursday, September 16, 2021

Stress spending

 Waking to find my tax return had come into my bank balance this morning, I could finally do a bit of a stress spend - that thing you do after a bloody awful day in the office.

After feeling the fallout all evening, where I allowed myself to be soothed with ice cream and gin, shopping was next on the list of things to do to complete the healing. 

So I've purchased my birthday present  - an Apple Watch. I mentioned to my mother that I would soon be in need of replacing my fit bit, and I've always liked the Apple Watch, so she and my sister gave me some money to go towards it for my birthday. As soon as Australia Post can get it to me, I'll have this in my possession within the next week (again, depending on Australia Post) - along with a new leather strap. I don't get on well with rubber watch bands, so a leather strap is coming too. The poor old Fitbit will be retired - but with it's cracked screen, it's due for retirement. Besides, I can't take calls or listen to music on the Fitbit. 



The next purchase was that of a short course in editing. I like this It's starting in a few weeks, it's with Faber and it's industry led. It's also tax deductible - never a bad thing. 

This was the extent of my shopping, but it felt good. Having a few extra thousand in my bank account also feels good, but the gratfication ou get from a good shop can never be denied.

And the day went well after all of the drama of the day before. It's surprising what a difference one person can make, both for the better and the worse. 

Today's song: 

No comments: