Monday, September 20, 2021

Skyhooks: Smut

 Song of the Crocodile. 260/400 pages read. 

I have next to nothing to write about as I'm trying to get this book read for book group tomorrow night. I might make it. I might not. Thankfully, I'm enjoying it. Thankfully the coffee and walk I was supposed to have with a college mate tomorrow morning has been postponed until Thursday when the weather looks better. 

And work is really full on, but I'm not going to talk about that. 

Instead, I'll introduce you to one of my favourite Skyhooks songs. Smut. (Youtube link attached for those who can't see the song of the day. 

Dear old Skyhooks. I used to love them as a child. I even had the t-shirt. I shed a tear when Shirley Strachan died in that helicopter crash in 2001. He died doing something he loved, but still, he was just lovely. And Red Symons is a character too. Oh, their all good. 

They're the sound of the seventies.

And who doesn't love a song about masturbating in a cinema along to a dirty movie? And what you can do with a bag of twisties is enlightening.

And any song with the repeated ephemism of 'whipping the dripping' has to be loved. 

Making this clip even better is it shows you how to play the song on the bass.

I miss Skyhooks, and the easier, more innocent times (sic) they represent.

Jay had the band play at her high school formal back when god was a boy. 

Back to the book, I say. 


Today's Song: 




No comments: