Saturday, September 18, 2021

The book group challenge

 Panic has set in. 

It's supposed to be book group next week, bit it's not. It's on Tuesday night. 

Have I started the book? No. 

What is the book? Nardi Simpson's Song of the Crocodile. A 400 pager.

When do I have to get it read by?     Tuesday, 8 pm. 

Why do I want to get it read? Because I've been in the book group for fifteen years and there's only book I haven't read and that was because I was away on an extended holiday. I've only missed two or three meetings over the last 15 years. One was the meeting about Anne Bronte's The Tennant of Wildfell Hall, which I hated and really wanted to slam. The other book that comes to mind was Half a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. I was definitely overseas for that one. 

Also this weekend, I have:

  • The mason's books to finish and get off to the auditor
  • some cleaning
  • some washing
  • Go see Blarney for a bubble run
  • Food shopping
  • And 2 hours work to clear the decks for Monday. 
  • And I'm supposed to put forward smoething
It's going to be a challenge. 

I hate it when I loose track of the month.

Back to the paperwork, which I am resenting even more than those stupid protesters today. I don't begrudge them their right to prostest, but I do think if you're going to protest violently, making a nuisance of yourself, I'll resent the waste of resources. Wish the arseholes would put on a mask and get vaccinated. 

Today's song:

No comments: