Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Random stuff I say at work

Level Four Lockdown: Day Fifty-One

Curfew. 9 p.m 

Mood:   Too busy to think about mood

Black and White Photo Challenge: Day Twenty-Two

It's one of those days where I haven't left my desk and I've been plugging away all day doing updates to rather dull documents. 

I am in editor mode - something I have problems with as I'm not a natural editor. I can do it, but I have to be in the mood. And with editor mood comes editor sass. 

I'm not saying I turn into J. Jonah Jameson, but being an editor requires attitude.

Things I've caught myself saying include:

  • I have my editor pants on. Be scared. 
  • I don't want to sound like a bitch but... (then make some comment about grammar)
  • Do you know how to use a storyboard? (asked nicely)
  • This flows like the Darling in the middle of a drought. 
  • You have to remember who's using these docs (I say that every day).
  • Are you allergic to apostrophes?
  • Exclamation marks have no right to be found in business documentation. 
  • Do you know how to use an Oxford Comma. I do not think they do what you think they do. 
  • Get off the keyboard, Lucifer.
  • Lucifer, you get fed at 6 pm.
  • Lucifer, put your murder mittens away. 
  • If he's a vegan by choice, I'm the Dalai Lama
  • Quoted Hogan's Heroes. ('I know nussssink!')
  • Quotoed The Young Ones ('Have we got a video?')
  • Quoted Monty Python (Oh look, Howard's being eaten)
  • My bum hurts.(Been sitting all day)
And with that, I will leave it, as I now have to go to school. It's our penultimate class at Faber and I am very sad about this. It's been the best experience.

Just have to keep going. 

And finish my crits before 6.30.


Today's Song: 




No comments: