Sunday, September 1, 2024

Day One

 There's sixty-one days in September and October. 

Over this time, I have the following things:

  • A three-day Freemason's convention in Adelaide
  • Two trips of a fortnight each to Darwin
  • A number of plays
  • A couple of dinners
  • The Whitlams, at the The Corner - my first time at The Corner Hotel
  • A haircut
And I'll be attempting to remain gluten, dairy, sugar, caffeine and alcohol free.

It's not as bad as it all sounds. 

That I've been banned from coffee - both decaf and normal for at least a month, is a bit rich, but I'll do it. I've gone back to carrying vanilla rooibos teabags with me. As almond milk is off the menu for a while as well (unless I make it myself - no thanks - sound messy) it's just rooibos tea - which is thankfully palatable. And ginger and lemongrass tea. And water. 

Anyway, I've done my shop for the week, my trolley like a veritable Mother Theresa of food shops. Fruit, vegetables, avocadoes, frozen berries, chicken, fish, gluten free bread, tahini and some LSA...

It's okay. I just have to remember that this is temporary. 

The first few days are the hardest, then you get into the swing of it all.

I promise not to whinge for the next two months. It's for the best. 

Even if I'd kill for a coffee and an ice cream. 





No comments: