Thursday, September 19, 2024

Greek Food

 We went out for a team dinner this evening at a local Greek restaurant, Meraki. 

Great company, fabulous food. 

And for somebody on a 'regime' I could eat quite a lot on the menu. Ordering chicken skewers, I was thrilled. The chicken was amazing. Succulent, tasty - just perfect when you're after something which is gluten, dairy and sugar free. 

Today marked day eighteen of this way of eating - and if I'm honest, the fact that I'm feeling great makes it very easy to stick to. And poking around a menu will normally bear fruit - you'll find something you can eat. Besides, there's carrot and celery sticks, and hummus ready in a bag to take to work tomorrow for snack. It's just a matter of being strong while out and in the office. 

I was happy with my dinner. Yet watching my workmates tackle their platters - between four, one meat and one seafood, I was amazed. 

We have a token Greek in our group - they were in seventh heaven. They were impressed with the food. I've said it before. Darwin punches above its weight when it comes to food and drink. 

But the amounts of food! Why does anybody need enough to feed an army? After making a solid dent in the two platters - which I was lucky enough to get a taste of some of the meats on offer, restraining myself from going full Labrador - there were four boxes of food to take home - without the spare chips. 

Regardless, a good night out with the team, a nice dinner, I stuck to my guns and kept to my eating plan. Even if I don't need to see chicken for another week or so. 

Today's song: 



No comments: