Sunday, September 8, 2024

Sunday Stealing: The Sunday Questions

 Finally, I'm home. It seemed to take longer to get back from Adelaide after a really good week. I have a hungry cat to deal with, seeing he has been sulking for the last three days at Blarney's place. 

Anyway, on with the questions, thanks to Bev at Sunday Stealing

1. What shows are you into?

I'm currently working my way through Bad Sisters on Apple+. It's darkly funny. I'm also watching Grey's Anatomy from the start again. It's easy television. 

2. What’s your claim to fame?

I'm very good at starting arguments from ten kilometres away and being a complete shit stirrer. 

3. How often do you play sports?

Actual sports, probably never. But I'm in the gym around three times a week and I love to walk and swim. 

4. Are you early or late?

I'm perpetually late. Time keeping is something I have to work at. I'm there for important things - everything else I'm about ten minutes late. 

5. What quirks do you have?

As somebody who identifies as neurodiverse, I have many quirks. I'm quirky. There are too many to mention. 

6. How often do you people watch?

Multiple times a day. It's one of my favourite things. 

7. What’s your favorite drink?

Gin and tonic. 

8. What do you hope never changes?

The greatness of 80s music. The smell of cat's and dog's paws in the morning. That you can still drive down onto Silver Sands Beach. 

9. What’s your dream car?

A decadent part of me would love a Mercedes sports car. An upgrade to the top of the range Mazda CX-3 or Nissan Juke would be nice. (I currently drive a mid-range Mazda CX-3 - it's just right for me. 

10.  Where would you rather be from?

In my heart, I am English. Although born and raised in Australia, and my family have been here, on Kaurna lands, for well over 160 years, I still feel English. Though I wouldn't mind being a Parisian either. As long as I had a great job that paid well. 

11. What songs have you competely memorized?

As a Gen X Australian, I can sing most of the Cold Chisel back catalogue under my belt. I can definitely sing Khe Sahn without prompting. Don't tell anybody. (It's like an unofficial Australian national anthem). The girls at Gunnas will tell you I can sing along to everything. I know the words to all sorts of obscure songs. 


Oh, I know the National Anthem and the Adelaide Crows song too. 

12. What would you rate 10/10

The movies Poor Things and Past Lives

13. What job would you be terrible at?

I'd be an awful engineer - bad at physics. I'd probably be a rotten nurse, and I could never work in a childcare centre. As much as I like kids, I could never work with them. I couldn't be a public servant either - I hate committees with a passion. 

14. What skill would you like to master?

Playing the piano. Time keeping. Focus. 

15. What movie title best describes your life?

Dazed and Confused.

Today's song: 







2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

I liked Poor Things and Past Lives too. I wrote reviews on my blog when I saw them.
The problem with being on time is that the chair of the gathering always says, "Let's wait a few minutes." I used to start meetings on time.

Bev Sykes said...

I used to watch Grey's Anatomy but gave up when there was more sex in the closest than actual MEDICINE.