I'm getting my head around the fact that my job is coming to an end next week.
It's okay.
Today I went into the office, mostly to say goodbye to some colleagues, many who've been with the firm for over ten years. As I move jobs fairly regularly, the rigmarole of looking for work is something I know how to do. I feel for the 'lifers' who are now sent out to market, most of whom have been awarded sizeable payouts, but they've not had to go on the job-hunting merry-go-round for over a decade. It's daunting.
For me, I'm getting my head around the fact I'll be on 'leave' for a while. I don't know where I'm going after 1 October. I don't know when I'll start work again - though I don't think it will be very long before something comes my way. I started looking a few weeks ago. I've had an interview. I'm getting call backs. There is a possibility that I may go back to where I am if some funding comes through.
Regardless, I'm going into 'leave' mode next week. I time block the day.
- An hour of exercise
- An hour of cleaning/spring cleaning/Marie Kondo-ing the flat
- And hour of job hunting (which gets done early so it's out the way)
- and at least an hour of writing - preferably in a library where distractions are minimalised.
- And ensure I have some sort of social interaction every day.
The rest of the time is mine.
I find job hunting a mind set. Good people get work. The effort is going into finding work.
It will come. All will be well. I have my Believe post-it, green candles and tarot cards. I manifest all that I need.
This is just another transition.
No comments:
Post a Comment