I'm sitting in on a Zoom call. It started at 7 pm.
7 pm on a Sunday night.
I'm wanting to write a poem to the rhythm of Green Eggs and Ham.
I'd rather be watching The Block. It is on in the background, but it's not being watched as the meeting requires some attention. It's not a long meeting. But it is 7 p.m. on a Sunday night.
I do not like these Sunday zooms
I do not like they make me snooze
I do not like the way they drone
I do not like how people moan.
I do not like this committee
I do not like the jobs I'll see
I wish I could be somewhere other
But then I'd be in lots of bother.
I do not like these Sunday zooms
I feel I'm trapped in some dark tomb.
It's amazing what you can do with the camera off the mute button pressed. Then again, I knitted a blanket during defect triage at another job. Boring meeting, camera and microphone off.... time to be productive.
The song of the day comes from the ADHD brain searching for lyrics, because I want to be anywhere but here....
Welcome to my unmedicated brain. This is what happens when I skip my afternoon dose of Ritalin.
No comments:
Post a Comment