Saturday, September 19, 2026

Sunday Stealing goes to the other side

 My weekend plans have all changed. The tea blending workshop has been postponed because Jonella isn't well. A movie with Blarney has also been postponed due to unforeseen circumstances - so I find myself at a look end. 

So far:

  • I've been to meditation.
  • Had breakfast with the meditation crew.
  • Read 50 pages of my book. 
  • Washed the cat's blankets - it's a great day for this and it's nice to have them fresh. 
  • Done some ironing
  • Psyched myself up to do some 'big' housework.
  • and booked myself a ticket to see a French film (Colours of Time)
  • and psyched myself up to do some job hunting.
In all, a fairly productive weekend. 

I'll get the questions out of the way before going to this film in an hour. Questions, as always, come from Sunday Stealing

1. Your MOST overused word or phrase:

Oh, there are a few of them. 

Awesome. Horrid work, normally said in jest. 

Actually. I pepper my speech with this far too often. 

And the F word. Normally said under my breath. Roy Kent is my spirit animal. 


2. Your BIGGEST expense:

Depends on what you call an expense. My biggest living expense is rent, followed by insurance and utilities bills. My car, which is well maintained, still costs be a heap in insurance, registration and servicing. 

Fun expenses include, theatre, cinema, books and holidays - all of which are necessary to keep your spirit happy. 

3. Your WORST fear: 

My most irrational fear is huntsman spiders. Although they aren't poisonous the creep the hell out of me. 

On a more existential level, I fear dying alone a painful death. 

I have many other fears, but that is why I'm currently talking regularly to a psychologist to help sort some of these things out. 

4. Your BEST memory of Summer 26:

As I'm Australian, Summer was six months ago, and I'm not a fan of Summer - too hot. But this year, my favourite memory was going to David Byrne's Who is the Sky concert with a friend, who's just as big a Talking Heads tragic as I am. This happened in January. It was awesome. Fabulous night at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl on a perfect night - not too hot, not raining, not windy - all weather patterns that can afflict Melbourne on any given day. I was, with a good friend and the best music ever. Superlative night. 

Today's song:



3 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

David Byrne was in our area this past week! But I didn't see him. I did see Talking Heads in 1984, FWIW. I need to find a shrink.

The Gal Herself said...

We have one of the same overused words. I don't drive, and since just about everyone else in my life does, I sometimes feel bad about it. But you bring up a good point – cars are expensive! I feel better off now.

Lisa said...

You and The Gal Herself share one of your favorite words. I rarely use that one, but I do think it quite often. When I think it, I hear Roy Kent's voice saying it!