I got my marching orders today. The last day at my current job will be 30 September.
It's okay. I was half-expecting this. Two weeks' notice - it's in the contract. And despite there being a good 3-6 months' work I could be doing on my job, but there isn't the funding.
It's the life of a contractor.
On the good side of things:
- There is work out there.
- I started looking a few weeks ago.
- The mood around my current job isn't great (a long story involving a departmental restructure, which I won't bore you with the details.)
- I'm used to moving around and a change is as good as a holiday.
- I'm good at what I do.
- And something will come up soon.
- And maybe a few weeks off would do me good at the moment.
- And I know what I have to do.
Sure, I'm eternally optimistic that things will turn out well. I had a reasonable interview with an energy company the other week - they're still going through the sorting process.
In the meantime, I will do what I do to go find another job. These things include:
- Only searching the job boards once a day for no more than an hour a day (including putting in applications.)
- Calling up contacts for coffee.
- Burning green candles (brings in abundance)
- Reciting my mantra ("I'm gonna get a job and its going to be great" sung to the tune off John Brown's Baby.)
- Refining my wants list
- Ensuring I do an hour of exercise a day...
... and generally remaining a happy chappy, because what you put out to the universe comes back, and an attitude of gratitude gets you further than pretty much anything.
And once my laptop and building pass have been returned, I'll turn myself back into a novel writer in the time I'm not doing my hour a day of job hunting because it's good to use the time off productively.
It's okay. I'm adjusting to the news. Everything will work out well. I'm gonna get a job and it's going to be great.
Just watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment