It's a long weekend - the Queen's Birthdays - that be Queen Victoria, not Queen Elizabeth II.
Questions, as always, from Bev at Sunday Stealing.
1. What brand & flavor of toothpaste do you use?
Sensodyne mint. It's either that or Colgate Whitening. If I could get it, I'd use Close Up - I love the taste of that but it is very hard to find here.
2. What is your earliest memory?
I have a dim memory of being in a bouncer when man landed on the moon. We were in a park. I know this to be true, but I don't know if this is just a made up memory. I do have some memories of kindergarten and being in my grandparent's house in Warradale - that would make me about four. Oh, and nearly getting spanked by my parents when I sat on my sister when she came home from hospital. I was three.
3. Hot Dogs or Hamburgers?
Hamburgers - and we do great gourmet ones here. But, give me a hot dog from the Keith Roadhouse, with lashings of butter, sauce and mustard - absolute heaven. But Hot Dogs aren't a big thing here.
4. If you could bring any one famous person back to life, who would it be?
William Shakespeare. I'd love him to be a mentor. So many questions.
5. What is one thing we would always find in your fridge... what one thing would we never find?
At the moment Macadamia Mylk. I've given up dairy, and this works well for me. I can't stand soy - and you'd never find soy milk in my fridge. You'd be struggling to find tripe too. Ew.
6. Did you have to go and look for the answer of #1?
No. I check it everyday as the toothpaste sits next to the Deep Heat - and I check before use - not making that mistake again.
7. Why don't watermelons grow on trees?
Far too dangerous. Enough people die from coconuts falling from trees...
8. What is something that you own that you should probably just throw in the trash, but you never will?
At least half of my collection of highlighters - I have what appears to be hundreds of them. I really do need to go through my fridge at some stage too.
9. I push you into a room and lock the door. I leave you there for 6 hours. The walls are chalkboards and in the middle of the room there is a box of colored chalk. What will be written/drawn on the walls when I let you out?
All sorts of things - half a chapter of a novel and a few poems. That sounds like heaven to me.
10. When was the last time you changed the oil on your car?
Last September when the car was serviced. I'm on annual servicing. Joys of a newish car.
11. In your extended family, who has been married the longest?
My Mum and Stepfather have been married over 25 years.
12. Name one thing that is so normal to you now that someone who was your age 50 years ago would think was abnormal.
Eating out. I eat out about a third to a half of the time. I also eat many different cuisines. 50 years ago rice and spaghetti were seen as "foreign muck."
13. Have you ever wanted someone or something so bad that it hurt?
Oh hell yeah. A part if me is feeling a little bit about this job I am going for at the moment. Fingers are crossed.
14. What do you dip your french fries in?
Tomato sauce, or barbeque sauce or aioli or mayonnaise - depends on what is available and what type of chips are involved.
15. What was the last picture that you took?
This: It was taken on the walk to the gym yesterday.