Monday, November 2, 2020

A Good Day

This is what a good day looks like to me:

  • Work gave the whole office a day in lieu the day before the Melbourne Cup holiday. 
  • It was another 'double donut' day (No new Coronavirus cases, no Coronavirus deaths)
  • The sun was shining
  • A long lay in with the cat in the morning
  • 10000 steps completed over the day
  • A friend came over to meet the cat
  • Said friend and I went for a walk to the local shopping centre
  • We went into actual shops
  • Books were bought (Books shouldn't have been bought, but they were)
  • Said books were bought in a real bookshop - not click and collect
  • Lunch was eaten at the Walmer Street Landing on the Yarra on a sunny day with said friend


  • I took a tram into town - it was pretty empty and everybody kept their masks on
  • My eyebrows got weeded.
  • I purchased the last bar of Clinique Extra-Mild Soap available at the Myer counter (BIG WIN)
  • The girl at the Clinique counter thought I was 30 (old her I'd been using this stuff for 35 years - she didn't get it)
  • Town had a bit more of a buzz to it - foot traffic is still light on, but it's better.
  • My new mask isn't too hot. 
  • I got home to a cuddle from a purring cat.
  • A lot of The West Wing has been watched.
  • Some editing got done too. 
It's always a good day when work gives you an extra day off.

It was a nice day. 

And there is another day off tomorrow. These four day weekends rock. 

Today's Song:




No comments: