Friday, November 20, 2020

Small Joys

It's late. I've just got home to a stroppy pussycat who is demanding I play with him. 

The night has been lovely. Dinner with friends after a quick stop at other friends to drop something off. 

A dinner of dumplings, with friends. Iced tea with lychees in it. Chilli wantons. Potstickers. Bao buns with pork belly and soft shell crab. Eaten with friends. No alcohol for me - too far to drive. Besides, I had a gin and tonic before I left home - normal Friday night drinks with the team. 

Following dinner, a walk along the beach and along the river at Mordialloc. And a stop for ice cream on the way home. The night was cool. But not cold. 

And though we still need to wear masks when you're not stuffing your face and socially distance and check in at the places where we eat, it was nice to go out on a Friday night and enjoy the company of friends. 

It still feels a bit strange.

But I like it. 




Today's Song:



No comments: