Thursday, November 19, 2020

Things to do in meetings when you're bored

 In in another one of those meetings. 

There is somebody bleating on about things I really don't want to be concerned with - or more to the point, I am concerned about, but this is the fifteenth time I've heard about it it. 

Yep, I'm bored. 

Thankfully the cameras are off. The microphone is off. There's about seventy people on the call. I've got the pack. 

Thankfully, I won't be called upon to speak at this - my one up will be doing that. So I have an hour to sit here and listen. 

So what to do?

  • Dust (Well, consider dusting)
  • Generally clean and tidy the front room
  • Ponder how to attack the cleaning of the spare room. 
  • File my nails
  • Paint my nails
  • Go talk to the cat who is asleep on the bed
  • Put away from stuff
  • Go to the loo
  • Get a drink
  • Make lunch
  • Eat lunch
  • Wash up after lunch
  • Check the New York Times front page
  • Check The Guardian front page
  • Check The Age front page
  • Check The Advertiser front page
  • Abstain from buying anything online
  • Get another drink
  • Talk to the cat again
  • Write this blog post
It's not like this for all meetings. Just for these which my one-up calls WAFTAMs - Waste of F^&*%$ Time and Money. As this meeting is a bit of a FUBAR (F&*(^ Up Beyond All Recognition) I think repurposing the time is a good thing. 

I can't be the only one who does this. 

Today's Song:



No comments: