Thursday, June 2, 2016

Blog a Day June: InkMaster Christmas Special

We all have our guilty pleasures.

One of mine, much to many friends' dismay, is the fact that I love tattoo shows. Ink Master is a favourite. So is Tattoo Nightmares, where they cover up old and really bad tatts.

InkMaster is on after I see my trainer on Thursday night. A double episode. With some of the freakiest people you're ever likely to meet - and that not including the tattoo artists who by design are people you probably wouldn't come into contact with on a daily basis, but seem to be okay when it comes down to it.

Half the episode is spent watching the artists - and they are artists, fight amongst themselves. The other half of the show is spent wondering just why the hell anybody would want to put the sorts of things they're having inked onto their bodies actually put there. Some pieces are fantastic. Others not so much.

One of tonight's episodes was a Christmas special. Pray tell, why would you want to have a Christmas tree permanently inked onto your skin. Like how do you put that away after 6 January?

It's a seemingly endless fascination for me. Where does this part of humanity actually reside?

I think I'll be watching bad tattoo shows for a while. It sure beats the Footy Show.

2 comments:

Jackie K said...

Yes! I used to love Miami Ink which I think was the first one. Same, I found the customers' stories fascinating and realised the tattoo artists really are actual artists. (I had never thought about it before I guess)

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

I just don't get this fascination with tattoos!

We have a show called "Tattoo Fixers" that shows nightmarish tattoo cock-ups before fixing them.

No thanks!

:o)

Cheers

PM