Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Blog a Day June: Plot Points

Writing a screenplay from scratch is hard. Working out the nuances, working out back stories, finding what happened and when is really hard. Then you have to work out the timing, the pace of things, the what happened to whom and to when, the beginning, the middle and the endings. It's all a bit hard when you're going from scratch.

One of the great things about this Masters course is that you start to get your head around what a story really needs to get off the ground. What arcs do the characters go through? What scenes do you need to show? How are you going to move from one scene to another.

This starting from scratch stories are proving harder than I thought.

Basing the story on a six month period in my life some twenty odd years ago it's also plotting what actually happened, which is really quite boring, with what should be an entertaining comedy drama.

All I've come up with so far is that my flat mate's ex girlfriend at the time is going to be the villain of the story.

She was a cow. I can't remember her name, but she was truly awful.

And that is as far as I've got.

This is going to be a long ten weeks til the assignment is done.


1 comment:

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

Sounds like it will be fun - I'm sure you'll be fine.

:o)

Cheers

PM