Wednesday, November 25, 2020

A good eating day

Today is a social day. 

I was up early, showered, dressed, then walked out the door at 6.45 am and walked down to Three Bags Full Cafe to meet my mate for breakfast.

It's still a strange feeling walking outside without a mask on. What's even stranger is meeting people for a meal. 

And this was extraordinary. Davo had the Chilli Scrambled Eggs. 

I went the ricotta hotcakes, with grilled thyme infused peaches, berry compote, whipped ricotta and caramelised white chocolate. It was AMAZING. I was in serious foodie heaven. 


More amazing was spending time with Davo. It's good to be back in the cafes rather than meeting on zoom. 

The my friend Merijn came over for lunch. Really she just came to check out the cat, but as it was her birthday last week and I took her out for lunch. She used to be nearby, and as she's on the bench, coming this way was easy for her. 

So it was of to Square and Compass, another favourite spot in East Melbourne. I had one of favourite dishes - rosti, topped with a poached egg, smoked salmon, herbs, whipped ricotta and dill. Also glorious. 



Thankfully this wasn't too big - especially after this morning's breakfast.

And needless to say, dinner will be a cup of miso soup before I go off to Masons tonight.

It is just nice to be out again. Seeing people face to face. Even if you can't hug them. 


Today's Song: 






No comments: