Thursday, November 5, 2020

Nananananananana

 I got out for lunch today. I had some errands to do, so I popped out for 45 minutes.

Two good things happened on my errand run.

As always, it's the little things that make me happy, and these were little things. 

The first little thing was I bought my lunch. 

I went to a cafe on Church Street, Richmond. It's called Chimmy's. 

Chimmy's is a bit of an institution in Richmond. It used to be on Bridge Road. It used to do a huge trade in breakfast and coffee. Their bread was legendary. It stocked bread made at the Abbotsford Convent, a legendary bakery which makes some of the best sourdough in town. Then it moved onto Church Street - smaller premises, but still great coffee and baked goods. 

They do rolls there. So I got myself a half sourdough bagette with roast beef, seedy mustard, onion relish, tomato, aioli and some greens - toasted. Oh, and a sourdough fruit bun, which was heated and toasted later for afternoon tea.

And it was bloody magnificent.

The other good thing which happened was on the way back to the car from the bank, I passed a little Vietnamese sewing shop. They had some masks for sale in the window. Lots of masks in various styles and colours - all triple layered and well sized. And I saw my new mask. They way I see it, we're going to be wearing these for months, may as well have a few lying around the place. 

I went in and bought one. 

And it is GREAT!


And yes, I've been wearing this to meetings and singing, 'nananananananana' all afternoon, but I'm Batman and I'm allowed.

As I said, it's the little things...

Today's song:





1 comment:

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

Envious - love the Batmask.

FUnny story about Adam Hills, the Aussie comedian who spends most of his time over here. He's been locked down most of the year, most recently in Melbourne, and now he has returned to the UK to host "The Last Leg" (a popular comedy show in the UK) and has ended up locked down again.

I feel sorry for him

:o)

Cheers

PM