Friday, February 19, 2021

Dear Cat

 Dear Lucifer,

I know the last two days have been challening. I know that you don't like it when I leave at 8 am, in neat clothes, make up on, my back pack on my back. I know you don't like it when I come back ten hours or so later,

I know it makes you fret when I leave you for a few hours at a time - heavens, you don't like it when I go out to the gym for an hour. Whenever I return, you're at the door demanding some attention - and normally some sort of libation - if it's near 6 pm, you get fed, if not, well, we can find you some treats. 

Of course, once I've come in, put my bag down and got a drink, of course you have to smell my shoes. Not sure why you do this, but it appears to be part of the ritual. Give me gentle kangaroo kicks - sniff my shoes. If I'm really lucky, you go into mouth breather mode... that's more for me, because you look funny.

But darling, seriously - as a part of my punishment, do you really need to give me cuddles at 3.30 in the morning? I love your cuddles, but seriously?

I will always come home. If I go to work it's becuase I am out there making money to pay for your cat food and kitty litter (and the yearly trip to the vet)

Just chill.

Love you heaps, darling,

Mum xx


Today's Song



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that film clip - all about ordinary places and lives that most people inhabit. Bland, but ok. Sub-urban. Thanks for posting it.