Monday, February 1, 2021

January Check In - February Goals

How has a month gone past? Please, how has this really been a month?

And as I do at the this time, I look at how far I got with my goals and set the next months things to work towards.

So here we go. 

January I wanted to:

At least half an hour of novel writing a day

Didn't happen. Next. 

Exercise five days a week

Nearly, but not quite. I'm always in the gym three times a week, but the extra exercise didn't happen. I did spend a lot of time up a ladder, in my defence. Thankfully the painting is nearly finished. 

Paint out the flat

Pretty much done. There are a few doors and archtraves to do and I want to see to a few patches on the ceiling, but this has, for the most part, been completed. 

Read four books

More than done. Over the month I read the following: 

  • Girl, Woman, Other by Bernadine Evaristo (Audiobook - and it was phenomenal)
  • The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
  • Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel (Audiobook - also excellent, particularly as I couldn't get into it on paper.)
  • The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson
  • Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
  • Dark Emu by Bruce Pascoe - which was a bit mind blowing. 

See three movies in a cinema (COVID Allowing)

Done. I saw:

  • Promising Young Woman
  • Music
  • Wonder Woman 1984
  • The Dry

All had their very good things about them. Love being back in the cinema.

And my February Goals:

At least half an hour of novel writing a day

Try this one again. I'm in the headspace to do this now. 

10000 Steps every day.

Exercise did not go well in January - it's time to get my exercise time back. I feel better for it. Walking is good for my mental health.

Read Four books over the month

I like this goal - my reading has really perked up because of it.

No takeaway

This one is a bit harder, but in an effort to save some money and stick to my diet, eating what I have in the house is a must. It's back on the plan after two months off. This will not include work lunches - as it appears I'm back in the office two days a week from next week. 

Finish the painting.

There is so little of this to do - I just want the paint cans off of my kitchen floor now. 

Be in bed by midnight

This is being driven by the return to the office, there will be none of this rolling out of bed at 8.30 and working in my pyjamas any more. Time to get back into some good sleep habits. 

That will do These are acheivable. Starting tomorrow. 


Today's song:



No comments: