Thursday, February 25, 2021

The Weekend Away

I'm going away for the weekend. It's the first time I've been away for nearly a year (not counting the two trips to Adelaide over December - January, and that doesn't really count as it involved 4 x nine hour drives). It feels strange.

I'm going away for the weekend and there are all sorts of things going through my head.

For somebody who has travelled extensively for work and pleasure, I'm fretting over all sorts of things. 

Here's my list of concerns.

1) How will Lucifer get on with Blarney and Barney?

I'm taking him over to Blarney and Barney's tonight. He will get the presidential suite at the back of the house. I know they will feed him and love him and look after him - but I'm not sure how he's going to get on with Kylo and Rey - their cats. He'll spent the first day under the bed anyway. And the Units will be nice to him, even if they think he looks evil. 


(How could anybody with this face be evil?)

2) When do I have to leave home to get to Colac for 12.30?

I'm meeting my Uncle's daughter for lunch tomorrow. I've been meaning to do this for a while, but with COVID restrictions, it's been too hard to do. As I'll be in the area, seemed like a good opportunity to catch up. From what I can see, it will take around two hours. Sure I can manage that, even with a sleep in.

3) Do I bring my tarot cards down the the writer's retreat?

I'm supposed to be writing while I'm down there... but...

4) What gin do I take with me?

In the weekend instructions it says that European style drinking is encouraged. Drinking like you're a teenager at schoolies, is not. I need to work out what gin to take. I've got the tonic in the fridge - I'm hoping the back fridges in the chapel kitchen are still there as they were last time as I really don't want to schelp down with and esky and go get ice. 

5) How much writing can I really do this weekend?

The great thing about this retreat is that there are six blocks of writing prompts over the weekend.  It takes you out of your normal writer's head and puts you in another place. I'm also wondering if I can take a texta and pack of Post-Its and do some planning. Post-Its are always needed for planning. I'm hoping I can snaffle a wall or window to put the said Post-Its - one of the downsides of communal writing.

Regardless of all these little foibles, I'm looking forward to a weekend away. 


Today's Song:



1 comment:

MedicatedMoo said...

A writers' retreat - good for you! I hope that you emerge from it rejuvenated and inspired xo