Sunday, March 7, 2021

Alec Clayton

 Well, the car is packed. Jay and I are off to the Camberwell Market at the crack of dawn to see if we can sell some of our unwanted good. Other than quite a bit of Jay's stuff, which has been sitting in my spare room for nearly a year, I've got a suitcase filled with office clothes, boots, CDs, DVDs, nick nacks, stationery, computer and IT cables... you name it, it's in the boot of me car hoping to be offloaded. So it's best I get this done now so I can relax when I get home tomorrow afternoon. 

Questions, as always, from Bev at Sunday Stealing

1. Do you put ketchup on hot dogs?

Is there any other way to have them. Mind you, we do hotdogs a bit differently here in Australia - the bun is often put on a spike to hollow it out, toasting it on the inside. Add a bit of butter and lashings of tomato sauce (ketchup) and maybe a little American Mustard (as that is the only place you put American Mustard if you're Australian) and Bob's your uncle. 

2. How many TVs in your house?

Two. One in the lounge, one in the bedroom. 

3. Do you put salt on watermelon?

Ew, no. 

4. Can you swim?

Of course. I'm Australian. We're drown proofed at six months, in toddler swim classes regularly and most of us can swim by the time we're five. It's essential as most of our cities are by water. 

5. Are your parents still alive?

Mum is, Dad isn't. Dad died nearly 23 years ago. Mum is doing well for eighty. 

6. First car?

A 1966 mint green, automatic EJ Holden named Edna. Great car. 


7. Surgeries?

Five. Two on my legs to sort out short achilles tendons as a kid. And three fairly minor general gynaecological issues which needed sorting as an adult. I've been lucky. 

8. What do you drink in the morning?

It depends where I am. Either water, a cup of tea or a protein shake if I'm at home. If I'm at the office, it's normally a large almond decaf latte from the coffee shop downstairs. 

9. Can you do 100 push ups?

From my knees, yes. On my toes, I'd struggle, but from my knees, no issue at all. 

10. Can you change a tire?

Yes, I can change a tyre (note spelling). I haven't done it for a long, long time, and the last couple of times I've got a flat I've called in the RACV (Roadside Assist / Autoclub - because that is what they are there for) but I do know how to do this. Did it a lot as a kid. Joys of being brought up in  the country.

11. Tattoos?

One. I've got a very small Chinese symbol for love on my hip. It's been there for over 20 years. I like it. I like that it's out the way. Other people's tattoos fascinate me.

12. Do you wear sunglasses?

Hells, yeah. I'm really light sensitive. I've got prescription sunglasses all around the place - car, every handbag, back pack.... The sun is harsh around here. They get worn year round. 

13. Do you have a phobia?

Yes. Huntsman spiders. Hate the fuckers. Not overly fond of snakes either. And I give birds and bees a wide birth too, but I just don't like things flapping and buzzing around me. they're not as fear-making as big spiders. Oh, and I loathe having my photo taken to the point of a phobia, but that is a long story. 

14. Do you have a nickname? 

Yes. I'm Panda to most people. 

15. Are you a picky eater?

Not really. I'll eat most things put in front of me. I'm not fond of bananas, lasagne, green beans and chick peas. I will eat them, I'm just not that fold of them. I'm also the person who will choose anything other than chocolate for dessert. Give me lemon or vanilla any day. 


Today's Song:

8 comments:

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Panda (I like that - I might use it from now on),

I know - salt on watermelons - utter madness!

Not a fan of tattoos (as I said on my answer) but if forced to, I would have one completely out of sight like on my hip.

I'm not overly keen on having my photo taken - I prefer scenery and objects - but Mrs PM insists so reluctantly I am the subject of millions of them in our collection.

:o)

Cheers

PM

Bev Sykes said...

My Australian friend, who grew up in Melbourne can't swim and is afraid of water.

Pandora Behr said...

Bev,

If your friend is under 50 she's a rare sort. Swimming is taught in most schools and has been since I was a kid.

Jackie K said...

Wholeheartedly agree with your ideal hotdog, must have butter plus sauce and American mustard.
Salt on watermelon?? Never heard of that, sounds awful.
Can't believe your mum is 80!
Cool first car. Mine was a 75 silver Toyota Corolla with a red racing stripe. Good car. Not cool.

Jodi said...

Yur hot dog sounds yummy!!! Happy Sunday!!

Kwizgiver said...

I would love to get more tattoos. I love telling my story visually.

CountryDew said...

Salt on watermelon is common in the southern US.

songbird's crazy world said...

I love the color of that car