Friday, March 26, 2021

Pillow Book Observations

Overcoming the fug of a migraine, and knowing I'm due out to dinner in a bit - not that I really want to go to dinner in Port Melbourne, but I need to show willing, as it is my team, and my manager is down from Sydney and I have to make small talk for a few hours - ho hum - I want to get the blog post out of the way.

So I'm going to do a writng exercise tonight. A quick on that takes ten minutes. A list from The Pillow Book, a small volume penned about 1000 years ago in Japan by a courtier. She listed all sorts of things. 

So I'm going to take a subject and write for ten minute: 

Here we go:

Hateful Things:

People who are cruel

People who are cruel to animals

Huntsman Spiders

People who are rude to waiting staff

Flaming dog turds left on the front step

Our tin-earred Prime Minister

Billionaires who give nothing back

Tripe

Heated arguments which are never resolved

Self-loathing which is tended like a bonsai tree

Plantar warts and foot fungus

Ill-considered face tattoos

Cat puke/poo underfoot in the early hours

The loud fighting neighbours screaming at 2 a.m.

Thigh chafing early in the day, brought on by holey stockings, which you can't get rid of. 

Incessant humidity

Willful ignorance

Writer's block

Meatloaf (the singer)



There, that will do. It's an interesting concept writing lists which were being listed 1000 years ago.


Today's song: (Looking for a song with a pillow in it - could only come up with this)



No comments: