Sunday, March 14, 2021

Ask anything

Another weekend, another bunch of questions. Thankfully it's a quiet weekend. Good for getting some writing done. Also it's going to be cool tomorrow. We like this. Autumn really seems to be setting in early. This suits me just fine. 

Anyway, on with the questions, ably supplied by Bev at Sunday Stealing


1.  Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?

I prefer them closed. It feels a bit strange with them open. 

2.  Do you have freckles?

No. I had a few as a kid, but I grew out of them when I was a teenager. 

3. Can you whistle?

Yes. My grandfather taught me to whistle when I was about five years old. I'm not sure my parents appreciated this. 

4.  Last song you listened to.

Men at Works' Overkill. It was yesterday's song of the day. It's an old favourite of mine. I sing it in the shower, a lot. I found this wonderful acoustic version of it. A couple of years ago I saw Colin Hay on Stage at the Melbourne Theatre Company as Feste the Jester in Twelfth Night. He was magic then too - wrote the music to the songs he sang. 



5. Name something that relaxes you.

Lots of things relax me:

  • Reading
  • Movies
  • Exercise
  • Cuddles
  • Talking to animals
  • Writing (sometimes)

6.  What are your favourite sounds?

It's quite stereotypical for a country girl, but I love the sound of rain on a tin roof. Love it. I also love music, cats purring, the sound or rain and the sound of the crust being broken on a creme brulee. 



7. What do you wear to bed?

Nothing. Moisturiser. If I'm at somebody else's house I'll wear shorty pyjamas, otherwise I sleep naked. I have done for over three decades - I run hot most of the time. 

8. Do you sing in the shower?

Yes. Often and badly. I'm known for it. My old London downstairs neighbours can testify to this. 

9.  What books are you reading?

Currently I'm reading Laura Jean McKay's The Animals of that Country and have the audiobook version of Barack Obama's A Promised Land on in the car and over my earphones on the way to work. I have to start Ceridwen Dovey's Life After Truth for book groups in the next day or so. 

10.  Do you believe in magic?

Yes, to a point. 

11. Can you curl your tongue?

Yes.

12.  Have you ever caught a butterfly?

Not since I was a child - and I'd never do it now. In my family, when we see a butterfly we think of my niece, who died five years ago. Butterflies are meant to be free, like my niece. I love seeing them though. 

13. Name one movie that made you cry. 

Just one. 

Here are a few. 

  • The Notebook
  • Calvary (They killed Bruno!)
  • Lion
  • Call Me By Your Name (The father's final speech...)
  • The Fault in our Stars
  • Six Feet Apart
  • Marley and Me. 
  • Brokeback Mountain
  • Up (about ten minutes in when the old man loses his wife)
  • And many more. I'm a sook. 

14.  Peanuts Or sunflower seeds?

Peanuts. 

15.  Are you a heavy sleeper?

Not particularly. I'm not a light sleeper, and I don't sleep that long, but once I'm out, I'm normally out for the night, thank goodness. But I do wake to some sounds. 

Today's Song:



9 comments:

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

I like the Menn At Work song - I remember it being in the charts over here. ANd of course Metallica - I dindn't think you liked a bit of thrash metal.

I hated Marely and Me - it was a film that Mrs PM dragged me to see. I can guess where you cried but I think I had fallen asleep at that stage.

:o)

Cheers

PM

Bev Sykes said...

Great creme brulee video. Now I want a creme brulee! Good list of movies that make you cry. I could have made a list too.

Pandora Behr said...

PM - I don't mind me a bit of Metallica - it's the softer side of thrash metal.

songbird's crazy world said...

I love creme brûlée, never focused on the sound ....

Kwizgiver said...

Wow--there's an ASMR for everything!

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I just listened to "Overkill" yesterday. It happened to come up on iTunes. I remember thinking about how much I love the song.

Jodi said...

Cats purring is relaxing!! Happy Sunday!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

That song and the player writer are amazing. The unusual melodies and progressions here and there... wow
I miss having a cat. We probably won't get another one until we are done traveling.
Yummy Creme Brulee. I like the little containers.

2 gators said...

love the song and can't go wrong with Metallica that crème Brule is amazing, hubby makes it on occasion :) YUM enjoyed your answers