Wednesday, March 31, 2021

March check-in - April Goals

It's goal day again - and I'm amazed that another month has passed. We're a quarter he way through the year. Still not vaccinated, but in a lot better state than we were back at this time last year. 

And from tomorrow night I'm on ten day's break, so I might have to amp up a few of these. I'll have the time to do more things. 

It's goal day. So how did we do last month?

Finish the f*cking painting

All but the architraves are done - and a good thing as they took a walloping when they were doing the floorboards. They've been knicked and scraped to buggery.  They will be finished by the time I get back to work. I have ten days off starting tomorrow. 

Read four books

Another nearly there. 

I've read:

  • The Promised Land by Barack Obama (audiobook)
  • The Animals in that Country by Laura Jean McKay
  • Life After Truth by Ceridwen Dovey
And I'm halfway through Ocean Vuong's On Earth We Are Briefly Gorgeous and should have The Duke and I (the first Bridgerton novel by Julia Quinn) by tomorrow. 

Work on the novel a couple of times a week

Some work got done - not as much as I wanted to, but some stuff got done.

Minimise discretionary spending

 I did well on this one. Knowing the big bills are coming in, I kept spending down. Really happy about this. I'll keep this going. 

The March Metamucil Challenge

Yeah, nah, happened a bit but not as much as I could have done. 

One Lindt Ball a day

This goal worked well. There are still a few Lindt balls in the bag. Just one Lindt ball a day is all I need - mind you, I've discovered I have the willpower to do this. One a day. Keep the Lindt balls in the fridge. Easy. Working above the Lindt Cafe, I could go get some balls for Easter and see how long they might last... they have all sorts of different flavours down there - like almond, and champagne, and mango... We'll have a think about it. 

And the goals for April:

The Forty Hour Novel Challenge

As I'm on this break, I want to dedicate forty hours to the novel. Four hours a day. Some of this time spent in the library. I want this to happen. I'm in a spot where I want to get on with this. I owe it to myself. 

Participate in the annual Writers Victoria annual Flash Fiction Event on Twitter. 

30 days, 30 prompts, 30 words or fewer. You've got the dayto get your entry onto Twitter. 

Follow me @TrellawneyThom and  #WVFlashFic21 on Twitter.

I love these 30 word story challenges. 

Be in the gym at least four days a week.

I've slackened off at the gym. Time to remedy that. 

Read four books:

This is a monthly goal. Audiobooks do count. I like knowing stories are getting heard. 

Finish the f*cking painting

And finish it by 12 April, when I go back to work. The other thing that needs to be done by then is the excess paint needs to be taken down to the council for recycling. 

See a film a week

The Oscars are coming. Lots of good things on the screen. As long as COVID restrictions come back in, there's enough movie fodder to keep me going. Haven't seen a film for a few weeks. I also have promised Blarney's boys that I'll take them to see Godzilla vs King King. I am a wonderful auntie. 

No brushing my hair for a month

This isn't as gross as it sounds. I'm just going to devote myself to the curly girl method of looking after my hair. In the last few years my hair, which is currently ridiculously long, has also gone very, very curly. Brushing it makes it look boofy. I want to see what happens. (My hair, however, does get combed, washed etc - just not brushed - as it's not great for curly hair). 

Looking at these, I think I'll have a good month. 

Today's song: 



No comments: