Thursday, March 11, 2021

Much too much

There is too much in my calendar, and I don't like it. I really don't like it, but thems the breaks. 

One of the great things about the long lockdowns was knowing you didn't have anything to do after work. Commitments waned, nights were free. All you had to think about was whether you had cat food in the house to know that life was running smoothly.

Now, not so much. 

I'm starting to freak at the sight of my calendar over the next two weeks. 

Besides the gym, sessions with Cleo and Jay on Mondays and Thursdays, which is needed and essential for my health, there are now other things cluttering the diary. 

It all starts Saturday. There's a barbeque for the Units' confirmation on Saturday. Bring a salad. Quite a few are coming. 

Over the weekend I need to get those bloody doors painted. Hoping the cat will play ball and sleep during this time. 

Monday - I've got a doctors appointment at lunchtime. If I didn't, I'd be going to one of those women's marches that are happening around the country. 

Tuesday - the normal Faber meet up at 6.30, followed by the Masons Property Association AGM. One meeting I want to be at, the other not so much, but at least the latter shouldn't take too long. Both meetings are on Zoom. 

Wednesday - Oh joy, a uterine scan in the morning. Fun. Then in the evening, the Faber Anthology launch. Have to get dressed up a bit for the do at the Abbotsford Convent. Okay, looking forward to this one. It will be nice to see the crew again. 

Thursday - training. We like this. If it's anything like last night, Cleo will bring out her boxing bag and we get to kick her. 

Friday - COVID allowing, the first play we will have seen in a theatre in a year. We have tickets to the MTCs performance of Sexual Misconduct of the Middle Classes. I'm excited to be back in an actual theatre again. 

Saturday - Killer day. Get up, Meditation (online). the off to the temple to meet prospective candidates for the lodge, then off to the hairdresser to get the temples and roots coloured in. 

Sunday - Nothing. Well, Pump at the gym. And go visit Blarney early evening. Might even get fed. 

Things roll into the next week. 

Of course, there's the necessary gym visits on Monday and Thursday. 

Tuesday's book group. Online, but it means talking to people after hours. 

Wednesday could see me heading over to Gippsland to do a site visit for work. My manager will be down from Sydney, COVID allowing - so that will be fun - something different. Oh, and then masons in the evening. 

Thursday is packed out with meetings because the manager is down from Sydney, the day is packed out with meetings, which are being held face to face. Not thrilled about this. We're then off to a pub in Port Melbourne for dinner - so that means going home, feeding the cat and collecting the car, getting through traffic, to get out and back again - after spending the day with these people.

Friday is currently free. 

Saturday, Jonella and I are off to the NGV to see the Triennale. 

And after a year of going nowhere, not doing anything and just being happy to go to the cinema now and then, faced with a wave of commitments, it's doing my head in. 

Ah well, should be thankful we're able to do this and get on with it. 

But for this little introvert, it's all a bit much and I'm only just getting my head around it all. 



Today's song: 


No comments: