Friday, October 15, 2021

COVID Negative. Can I feel better now, please?

The result came through in under 12 hours. There's no COVID in me according to this morning's test

I'm actually not that sick. It's just a bit of a sore throat and feeling a bit achy and head achy and not having any energy. It's enough to make me grumpy and to have had a nap at lunchtime - something I never do. I was in bed by 10 pm last night. I'll have an early night tonight. I'll keep drinking the fluids and taking the panadol. 

Thankfully, it's raining, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. And it's not like I'm really sick - just a bit poorly.

But I've forgotten what it's like to feel sick. It used to be a part of life the regular chest/ear/throat infection. Working from home for the last eighteen months means we aren't mingling, which means that the bugs, lurgies and general malaise we used to get, we just aren't getting. 

So I have no idea where I've picked this up from. 

And I've remember why I hate feeling sick. It's crap. And it's worse when you're not used to it. In days gone by I used to feel like this every three months. Looking at my phone today, looking at the COVID test receipts, it appears I'm still getting a bit run down every two or three months, but it passes quickly. Here's hoping this time is the same (although the aching ear is not portenting well). 

COVID has made me soft.

I'm just glad I'm fully vaccinated. 

I'm also glad that I don't have it. 

Tonight is a good night to watch Hamilton while drinking tea, I think. 

And listen to this gem of a song. Did you know that Terrence Trent D'Arby has changed his name to Sananda Maitreya? There's something for trivia night. 

Today's song:



No comments: