Monday, October 25, 2021

The Busy Corkboard

I sat down at the computer at 8 am. I left the computer at 8.30 pm. The last two hours were editing class, but I'm still a bit too tired to write, so this will be quick. 

The novel prepping cork board is underway. 


Structure and planning are never a problem with short fiction. 

It's a minefield when you're writing a novel.

So the way I've done this is separated each month of the year of my novel and used Caroline Myss's Archetype Cards to set the tone of each month. There are some doozies, but they work for what I'm thinking. 

Then I've assigned one of Elizabeth Kubler-Ross' elements of grief to each month as an overview for the month. So as my character cycles through anger, bargaining, denial, depression and acceptance. 

And then on a Post-It, I'm writing a few salient plot points. 

And most importantly, there is this Post-It. 


Blame Ted Lasso for the last Post-It. But I have to believe I can actually write this book. 

So there it will stay. 

Now if somebody could remove the noisy junkies in the car park next door, all would be well in the world. 

That is all I'm up for tonight. It's been a long day. 


Today's song: 



No comments: