Tuesday, October 19, 2021

I hate the Monash

<rant>

The car went in for a service today. It gets serviced out at Mulgrave some 25 odd kilometre from home (and yes, servicing your car is something essential). They wanted the car at 7.30 in the morning, which was a bit rude, but there you go. 

So I was on the Monash Freeway at 7.30 this morning, heading out of town. 

Here are a few of my questions from the trip out, and back, and out and back again. 

  • Why are there so many cars on the Monash?
  • Where are they all going?
  • Don't they know it's a lockdown? 
  • How do people do this in peak hour?
  • Why would you want to do this? 
I've only don't the Monash at full peak hour once - and I thought I was going to die. This was busy enough, but not overly scary. Still, we're supposed to be in lockdown

The toll account also got checked, as I wanted to add the loaner car onto my account, just in case. I don't use the Monash very often - normally I'm going out to Jonella's or my hairdresser. Did you know that it costs $2.77 for the joy of going through one gantry onto an overcrowded road - that's just through one toll point? There are people who do this twice a day, every day of the week? 

I know why I live centrally. It feels like a rip off spending the amount you'd spend on a small cup of coffee to use a 20-year-old toll road.  

On the good side of things, the dealership gave me a lovely Mazda CX-30 hybrid as a loan car for the day. It had all the bells and whistles on it. A lovely drive, but a bit boxy for my liking. My car is now six years old. It's time to start thinking about replacing it in the next two years. It's just what I do. 

Anyway, the car has had his annual service and I don't have to brave that crazy toll road on a weekday for quite a while. 

</rant>

Today's song: 



No comments: