Thursday, October 14, 2021

Poor Bunny

Poor bunny, wet bunny, sodden lump of fur.

Lost bunny. Manky bunny.  Wah, wah, wah. 


Bunny has been sitting on the green services box now for over 24 hours. 

He was there when I went to train with Cleo yesterday morning. He was there when I got to the park to train tonight. 

I feel a bit sorry for bunny. Or maybe I feel very sorry for the child or dog who has lost their beloved toy even more.

It brings back memories of my sister, who had a plush toy dog called Woe-Woe. Woe-Woe was well loved. When Woe-Woe was periodically put through the washing machine, my sister underneath the Hills Hoist, sobbing, and begging Mum to bring him him down. 

Woe-Woe eventually was thrown from her pram and ended up down a storm drain. She cried for days. 

I'm sure, somewhere out there, there is a child baying for Bunny. 

But after a night's solid rain, I'm not sure he will be rehomed. Maybe some benevolent person will throw him in a nearby bin and put him to rest. 

Maybe a local dog will find him and disembowel him, sending him off honorably, as only a dog can do. 

It's a little bit sad, seeing bunny here, lying like a fetid corpse at a crime scene. 

Somebody must be out there who loves him. 

I'm sure he was once somebody's most cherished possession. 

And I'm sure a lot of people can relate to this scene with a fond , yet resonating shudder. 


Today's song: 



No comments: