Monday, October 11, 2021

Why am I watching Love Island?

 Seriously, why am I watching Love Island

I know the day has been long. Mind you, I got a lot done at work today - have seven work instructions out for review (yay), organised for tomorrow's interview with the HR girl, only had two meetings and even managed to get out for a coffee at lunchtime. I've done no exercise, but there is always tomorrow.

After work, I had my editing class, which started this week. And that was awesome. But again, after a day of documents and people wrangling - a day where I left work at ten to six, only to go onto another zoom call at 6.30 - I'm just a little bit fried. 

It still doesn't answer why I've watched half an episode of Love Island.



There are a lot of questions?

  • Was I that vapid in my early twenties? (Probably)
  • Are they really trying to get a more multi-cultural flavour? (Probably)
  • Why do none of the men have any body hair? 
  • Why are these women wearning bikinis which are too small?
  • How much bo-bo (botox) have these women had? 
  • Do any of the contestants have any personality?
  • Why are they all trying so hard?
I managed about 45 minutes of this rubbish before turning it off and going to have a shower. 

Why was I really watching this utter drivel?

It was on after The Block (which I watch with half an eye on the screen). I'd collapsed on the couch. The remote was on my table six feet away. I didn't feel like getting up.

I now know better. 

Stupid rubbish.

I'll talk about the editing course tomorrow when I'm less brain dead and my head is not full of cotton wool. 

Today's song:



1 comment:

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

Love Island is utter rubbish. I have never watched it - just seen the odd clip.

I have no idea why it is so popular.

:o)

Cheers

PM