Saturday, October 30, 2021

Sunday Stealing: Halloween

I love this time of year  - all the American holidays come through and being Australian, I have little or no idea about them, other than what I've seen on film and television. 

So here we go with this week's questions, being done a day early for a change. 

Questions provided by Bev at Sunday Stealing

1. Have you ever played with a Ouija Board?

No. I've seen too many people screwed up by that sort of thing. Like psychics, I prefer to leave them be. 

2. Favorite horror monster or villain?

I'm not a big fan of horror, but I am rather fond of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Because of this, I've always had a bit of a thing for Spike from Buffy. 


3. If you were dared to spend the night in a “haunted house”, would you do it?

Probably not. I've got better things to do. When I lived in London, we had a ghost in the house. They were fairly friendly, so ghosts don't scare me. It's more that haunted houses tend to have spiders in them. I'm not a fan of spiders. 

4. Are you superstitious?

A little, but I'm selectively superstitious. I'm superstitious about giving handbags without money in them, or giving knives and not having the recipient pay for them (if you aren't given something for a knife, it indicates you want to sever the friendship). They're the big ones. But I own a black cat, so I'm superstitious about them. Funny what you believe. 

5. Do you ever see figures in your peripheral vision?

Occassionally. I see faces in my vision when I meditate. I just take those as they come. 

6. Ever made a potion of any sort?

Yes, but as a qualified aromatherapist, it's your job. I'm also a practicing white witch, so simple potions, normally used for healing have been made. It's just another talent of mine. I don't talk about that much any more. 

7. Do you get scared easily?

The state of politics in general across the globe scares me more than anything else. And snakes and spiders scare me. But that's about it. 

8. Have you ever played Bloody Mary?

I have no idea what the game Bloody Mary is like - so I've never played it. I have, however, drunk quite a few Bloody Marys in my time. They are my drink of choice on long haul flights. The tomato juice provides electrolytes. 

9. Would you ever go to a graveyard at night?

Not by choice. 

10. Would you rather go to a Halloween party or go trick or treating?

Neither. Again, Halloween is an American thing. I've never been to a Halloween Party or gone trick or treating. Celebrating The Day of the Dead, however, that is more my style. 

11. Whilst watching scary movies, are you the person who yells at the characters, the person with their eyes covered the whole time, or the person who falls asleep

I don't really watch scary movies, but I'm either the person who covers their eyes (While watching Se7en, I think I spent the movie with my head in my date's shoulder) or I fall asleep. 

12. Favorite scary book?

I really like The Little Stranger by Sarah Walters. That was well creepy. 

13. How old were you when you saw your first horror movie?

I remember seeing The Exorcist when I was around nineteen or twenty. Once was enough. 

14. What was your first Halloween costume?

It's a moot point as I've never been to a  Halloween party. The last costume party I went to that I remember was when I was at university

15. If you could have a spooky Halloween pet (black cat, owl, bat, rat, wolf), what would you pick?

I already own a black cat named Lucifer. That will do. 


Today's song: 



5 comments:

Me, Myself, and I said...

I love your cat, and his name! Perfect!

LA Paylor said...

now these are the kinds of answers I enjoy reading, stories. Not just yes/no ones.
the potions answer is interesting... and your cat s dynamic!

Bev Sykes said...

Lucifer is beautiful.

Kwizgiver said...

I love your answer about potions--I'm fascinated!

songbird's crazy world said...

He's a beautiful cat