Sunday, June 21, 2020

15 Questions you thought you'd never ask

It's a busy Sunday. I have a tea party to go with and I want to go see my friend's kittens - because kittens make everything better. So, as with many other Sundays, it's a matter of do a question and do a job. Feels much better when jobs get done and I can go out and know that I can relax when I get back.

Questions, as always, supplied by Bev at Sunday Stealing.

1. If you could spend a day in someone else’s shoes who would it be and why?

I wouldn't do this. Everybody has a hard enough time as it is, I don't need to take that on.

(Toilet cleaned)

2. Which celebrity gets on your nerves the most, and why?

Anything Kardashian - I just don't see the point. Oh, and I don't like Mel and Kochie on the Channel Seven breakfast show - they're parochial and just plain awful. Why I only just tolerate the Today show in the morning. They a smidge less annoying and the entertainment section is good.

(Dishes washed)

3. If you were going to bury a time capsule, what would you put in it?

A couple of things - a Pandora bead, a Masonoc rubric, a myki card, a couple of restaurant receipts (maybe in some foreign languages) airline tickets / inventories and a bottle of gin. It's all a bit random, but may as well keep en guessing.

(Picked up a few things in the lounge room)

4. What is your saddest memory?

In recent memory, my Uncle and my favourite cat died. Both were incredibly sad. Both were also ready to go.

(The Cleaners have been paid for masons)

5. Would you rather be in your pajamas or a suit all day?

Definitely pyjamas. I hate wearing suits - I don't own one any more.

(Put on clothes for tea party)

6. What’s the strangest place you’ve ever gone potty?

Being brought up in the country, I've had to do my business in many a paddock. While in the city, I remember going to these unisex bathrooms at the top of the second tallest building in Melbourne - that was strange as you could see out the windows. Same goes for these bathrooms in a restaurant in Darwin - you could see out of the cubicles, but people couldn't see in. That was a bit of a head spin.

(Hallway hoovered)

7. How old were you went you had your first kiss?

Sixteen.

(Kitchen hoovered)

8. Do you have any strange or unique phobias?

Nothing too out of the ordinary. Huntsman spiders and commitment are the two big ticket items.

(Lounge room hoovered)

9. If you could bring back one toy from your childhood, what would it be?

Lego. I still love every chance I get to play with Lego - love the stuff. And I'd rather go free range than follow any instructions.

(Rest of the house hoovered)

10. If you could be any Disney villain, which would you be?

I have a soft spot for Cruella De Ville - she's awesome. That and the Doberman from Up.

(Clean dished are put away)




11. If your life was a novel, what would the title be.

"Nevertheless, She Persisted" - that or "Potentially Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Know".
(Organised the stuff on the couch)

12. What do you need more of in your life?

Cuddles. Time with people. Time in general. Ideas for this bloody novel.

(Put on makeup, ready for going out).

13. What are your top 3 quotes?

"The lunatic, the lover and the poet are of imagination all compact." (Shakespeare)

"If it be now, ’tis not to come. If it be not to come, it will be now. If it be not now, yet it will come—the readiness is all." (Shakespeare)

"Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker." (Ogden Nash)

(Hair brushed)

14. What do you want people to remember about you?

That I was kind and funny - in either order.

(Put out food for the cat as I'm not sure when I will be back)

15. What’s the biggest mistake you’ve made?

Not getting piano lessons. I still could do this. Also no doing drama at uni. Or making better use of my time at uni.

Today's song:


6 comments:

songbird's crazy world said...

Good choice on the annoying celebrities.

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

On a trip to Vietnam last year, I noticed a couple of public loos in posh hotels had frosted glass doors where from the outside, you could see the shadow of people in there.

Why would ANYONE have frosted glass doors on a toilet cubicle?

:o)

Cheers

PM

Kwizgiver said...

I agree with people who are famous for being famous (Kardashians and their ilk).

I watched the Blues Brothers the other evening--still cracks me up.

LA Paylor said...

we have a couple in common... I like your quotes and that you got so much done while I am just writing and reading!
LeeAnna

Stacy said...

Great quotes! Everyone has such good ones. I was feeling too lazy to think up any and just used 3 of my own. The Kardashians. Sigh. What have they ever done except get injections, suctions, lifts, have questionable relationships and unfortunate parentage, and shop?

Bev Sykes said...

Surprising how many people talked about the Kardashians. I probably would have too if I had ever watched them.

I thought of Cruella deVille, but I like dogs too much.