Sunday, June 7, 2020

Would you rather Meme


It's the Sunday of a long weekend. The Queen's Birthday - happy birthday, Queen Victoria.It's nice that we can get out a bit more now. We're allowed to visit friends on a limited basis at the moment. Sitting down and having a cup of tea with friends in their home is very small joy, but gee it's nice. Being out of the flat for about six hours, incorporating a visit to the hairdresser, some food shopping and a visit to friends was just wonderful. We're hoping the community transmission rates of this virus stay very low so we can get some more liberties soon.

I'm very thankful to be in Australia at the moment.

Questions, as always, provided by Bev at Sunday Stealing.

* Would you rather work in a group or work alone?

After being at home alone working for the last three months, I've worked out I like a mix of both. As much as I like working alone, having people to bounce off of is a good thing.

* Would you rather be stuck on an island alone or with someone who talks incessantly?

Leave me on an island, please. I'll cope.

* Would you rather be too hot or too cold?

I'm happy being cold. Hate being hot.

* When you’re old, would you rather die before or after your spouse?

Let me go before, please.

* Would you rather have a cook or a maid?

Please can I have a maid, and can you send them over now please.

* Would you rather be the youngest or the oldest sibling?

I'm the eldest sibling. I don't know what it would be like to be anything else, but younger siblings seem to get away with more.

* Would you rather get rich through hard work or through winning the lottery?

Getting rich though hard work is always a more sustainable option.

* Would you rather have a 10-hour dinner with a headstrong politician from an opposing party, or attend a 10-hour concert for a music group you detest?

Give me the politician. I'm up for the fight - even if it might be futile and I might want to poke them in the eye with a fork, but I couldn't do the music option. Geez, 10 hours of Adele, Ed Sheeran or Megadeath. No thanks. (I don't detest Adele, Ed Sheeran or Megadeath, but they're not my cup of tea.)

* Would you rather be an Olympic gold medalist or a Nobel Peace Prize winner?

I wish I had the courage to do something that would win a Nobel Peace Prize.

* Would you rather have a desk job or an outdoor job?

A job that had a bit of both would be great. But I'm okay at a desk.

* Would you rather live at the top of a tall NYC apartment building or at the top of a mountain?

I think I'd go the NYC option. At least ther are elevators.

* Would you rather have Rambo or The Terminator on your side?

The Terminator, only because I've never seen Rambo and from the story, I think you'd want the Terminator on your side.

* Would you rather be proposed to in private or in front of family and friends?

If this ever happens, may it happen privately.

* Would you rather have to sew all your clothes or grow your own food?

Oh to grow my own food. I live in a flat, don't even have a balcony. This would be grand.

* Would you rather hear the good news or the bad news first?

Get the bad news out of the way first. Pull off the bandaid.

* Would you rather be your own boss or work for someone else?

I've only ever worked for somebody else, but the thought of being my own boss does appeal.

* Would you rather have nosy neighbors or noisy neighbors?

Give me nosy neighbours - at least they go away when you shut the door. I'm not a fan of noise.

* Would you rather be on a survival reality show or dating game show?

Umm, neither. Both aren't something I'd do personally, but I'm happy to tune in now and then.

* Would you rather be too busy or be bored?

Too busy. I'm destructive when I get bored.

* Would you rather watch the big game at home or live at the stadium.

You see more on the television at home, but there is something to say for the atmosphere at a live game - saying that, we're probably not getting into sports stadiums for a few more months.

* Would you rather spend the day with your favorite athlete or you favorite movie star?

Favourite movie star. That could be fun. Preferably on set.

* Would you rather live where it is constantly winter or where it is constantly summer?

I could go with constant winters. Australian summers tend to be a bit hot. I could do English summers year round. They're lovely.

* Would you rather travel the US and see the sights in a motor home or by plane?

Not that anybody out of the United States is going there any time soon, but I think the motor home option sounds great. I've been over the US by plane a few times, but you definitely see more of the country in a motor home.

* Would you rather be a little late or way too early?

You're never in a bad place if you arrive a few minute early - unless it's to a party.

* Would you rather have an unlimited gift certificate to a restaurant or a clothing store?

Depends on which restaurant or which clothing store - both have their plusses and minuses.

* Would you rather date someone you met online or go on a blind date?

Sounds strange, but I'd rather go on a blind date. I hate internet dating - had a lot of bad experiences. At least with a blind date, somebody you both know has set you up.


Today's Song:



6 comments:

Susan said...

I enjoyed your answers. I may have to change a few of mine. I live in sunny California and it can get hot in the summer and we are not use to the cold. I never went on either type of date.

Stacy said...

Growing your own food is something you must try one day. If you have even a small bit of outdoor space, a balcony or up on a roof, you can grow all kinds of yummy things in pots. I used to have quite a nice "garden" going on our deck. Now I have 2 raised beds in the yard. It wouldn't feed us all year, but it's nice to have super fresh veggies in the summer.

Plastic Mancunian said...

Hi Pand,

10 hours of Megadeth or Metallica would be amazing!

10 hours with Boris Johnson or Donald Trump would be even better, particularly with electric shock treatment for every lie they told.

:o)

Cheers

PM

CountryDew said...

I wish I had the courage . . . how often I have thought that about a great many things.

Bev Sykes said...

I once worked in an office where our Christmas gift each year was a year of housecleaning from a professional service. If you didn't want that, you got a check of a month's salary. I always took the check because I didn't want anybody to know how messy my house was!

LA Paylor said...

you're so polite lol... please sirs could I have a maid now sirs? yes please!!! me too
Leeanna