Wednesday, June 17, 2020

In the Doghouse

I'm in the doghouse with the cat at the moment.

Why?

It's all because of a pill.

Giving a cat a pill is an art from. There are a lot of poeple who can't give a cat a pill. I'm not one of these people.

But rather than taking the cat into the Vulcan death grip and throw it down his throat (which is a trick I learned in ambulance cadets some 35 years ago - and it's a very handy skill to have) , I thought I'd go the suckers route and crush up the pill, putting it in his wet food.

Needless to say, he knew something up. I was looked at like I was the worst person in the world. He ate half his wet food (this never happens - he normally wolfs it down) - something he lives for, before retreating to the bedroom, curling up under his blanket and biting me when I went in for a pat a bit later. He doesn't bite hard - just a nip to tell me I'm the worst person in the world.

I went to bed around midnight. The cat left the bed for the living room. This is normal. He snuggled back in behind me knees around 1 am. This is normal too.

At 4.30 am, he snuggled up in my shoulder, purring. He normally does this at a more sociable hour. I think this was punishment.

And when I got up this morning, his food bowl was clean and he was hungry and it appeared I'd been forgiven for my error in judgement.

And he doesn't need to have a worm tablet until September, thank goodness.

Stroppy bugger.

But despite his foibles, I wouldn't give him up for the world.

And now I'm off to bed after an early start and a broken night's sleep.


Today's song:


No comments: